|Posted on September 11, 2016 at 5:00 PM|
(A Prophetic Proclamation to Avert Repeated Tragedies, Misfortunes and Evil Patterns)
REVD. DR. MOSES ARANSIOLA
A ‘Never Again’ resolve is often the response or reaction of an individual or a people who have suffered a tragedy or tragedies of monumental proportion. It is a prophetic proclamation and resolution to do everything possible and necessary to prevent the recurrence of such tragedy or tragedies.
It is a tragedy in a nation when beggars ride on horses and princes walk barefooted. It is a tragedy in a nation when slaves rule over their masters. It is a tragedy in a nation when the children of the bondwoman bare rule over the children of the covenant. It is a tragedy of monumental proportion when the hill of the God of Israel becomes the garrison of the Philistines.
The incursion of Islam and New Age religions into lands that were once occupied by Christians calls for a ‘Never Again’ reaction from the Church. The systematic occupation of strategic political positions in the government of Christian nations by Muslims calls for a ‘Never Again’ revolution from the Church. If the Church must recover her relevance in a world that is ideologically and morally anti-Christ, this is the time for her to act in the spirit of ‘Never Again.’
A. NOAH’S NEVER AGAIN ALTAR
• Then Noah built an altar to the LORD and, taking some of all the clean animals and clean birds, he sacrificed burnt offerings on it. The LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: “Never again will I curse the ground because of men, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.” “As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.” (Gen. 8:20-22)
• And I will establish my covenant with you: “Never again will all life be cut off by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.” And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.” So God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant I have established between and all life on the earth.” (Gen. 9:11-17)
Noah lived a life of exploits. The Bible records that he walked with God and lived a life of righteousness, faith and prayer. These godly virtues made Noah to find grace in God’s eyes when His judgement and wrath was visited upon the earth. Righteousness attracted God to Noah. He exercised faith in God by building an ark as commanded by God. Noah also moved the hand of God through prayer. Noah walked with God in prayer, fellowship and worship. His was a wholesome spiritual and social life.
God was gracious unto Noah and selected him and his household for preservation. He was therefore instructed to build the ark that would sustain human and animal life during the flood that drowned the ancient world.
After the flood, Noah raised an altar of thanksgiving, prayer and fellowship unto God. He took clean animals of all kinds and offered them as burnt offering unto the LORD. God smelled a sweet savour from Noah’s altar and was moved to make a covenant of ‘Never Again’ with him.
In mercy and acceptance of Noah’s sacrifice, God declared:
1. Never again will I curse the ground because of man.
2. Never again will I destroy all living creatures as I have done.
3. Never again will all life be cut off by the waters of a flood.
4. Never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.
5. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.
These promises of ‘Never Again’ were given to Noah after God smelled a sweet savour from his (Noah) altar of prayer and sacrifice. They are products of Noah’s exploits in prayer.
This sweet aroma from Noah’s altar moved God to make a covenant of perpetual preservation with Noah. God covenanted with Noah that whenever He is provoked to anger again by the sins of men, ‘Never Again’ would He destroy the earth with a flood. As a sign of the covenant, God set a rainbow in the sky to remind man and Himself that He would ‘Never Again’ use flood to destroy all the earth.
What this means is that, whenever, the rains came and flood began to gather, God would instantly remember his covenant through the rainbow in the sky and stop any impending disaster. The ‘Never Again’ covenant also gave Noah the authority to speak to the clouds and the storms to hold their peace whenever the rains became excessive.
This covenant of ‘Never Again’ was a major exploit of prayer that brought the blessing of God upon Noah and the entire mankind.
B. WHAT IS A ‘NEVER AGAIN’ PROCLAMATION?
1. It is a divine vow made by God with man in response to man’s (Noah’s) sacrifices on the altar of prayer.
2. It is a spiritual legislation to avert repeated misfortunes and tragedies.
3. It is a divine assurance and covenant that evil or misfortune would not occur again.
A Tragic Case
Then come unto him the Sadducees, which say there is no resurrection; and they asked him, saying, Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother. Now there were seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and dying left no seed. And the second took her, and died, neither left he any seed: and the third likewise. And the seven had her, and left no seed: last of all the woman died also (Mark 12:18-22).
I wish these seven brothers of the same family had taken advantage of God’s ‘Never Again’ proclamation to deal with the spirit of repeated death and tragedy. Instead, they watched helplessly while the same tragedy befell them all and wiped out an entire family and generation.
C. THE USERS OF NEVER AGAIN
The Nation of Argentina
In Argentina, the people gather together annually at the national square in the month of March to make the national proclamation of Nun Commas (Never Again). Argentines gather together in their thousands to make this national proclamation in order to deal with a very painful evil memory. This had to do with the trauma the people went through during the wicked military regime of Gen. Juan Peron, an evil despot.
Peron took over the government of Argentina in March 1974 and ruled for almost twenty years before he was overthrown. But during his reign the nation went through the darkest period of their history. During Peron’s despotic rule, 10,000 political arrests were recorded, 2,300 politically motivated murders and 30,000 disappearances of political opponents were also recorded. During his rule of political instability, God used people like Edgardo Silvoso and other prayer leaders to pray prophetically over the nation before Peron was overthrown.
Nun Commas is the annual proclamation of the people never to experience a regime like Peron’s again.
The Nation of Israel
The Jewish people all over the world have been victims of genocide, hatred, prejudice, racism and religious persecution. Since the Romans sacked Jerusalem in AD 70, the Jews have suffered in different parts of the world. History tells us that the city of Jerusalem has been invaded four hundred times by different armies of the world.
But the worst tragedy that ever befell the Jews happened in the 1930’s when six million out of the 7.8 million Jews in the world were gassed to death in the Nazi gas chambers (The Holocaust).
After the holocaust, the survivor Jews gathered themselves together to find a homeland for themselves. In 1948 the nation of Israel was founded in the Jewish ancestral land of Palestine, and the first proclamation they made as a nation is the proclamation of ‘Never Again’ (Nun Commas). They proclaimed boldly before a watching world that never again would the Jews be killed in any gas chambers; never again would Jews suffer mass death and annihilation. This is a Jewish slogan all over the world.
But to enforce this proclamation, the Jews have put certain structures in place to make the occurrence of another holocaust impossible. The Jews have taken these eight major steps amongst others:
1. They established a nation of their own in their own land in 1948.
2. They have built the strongest military force in the entire Middle East, and one of the best in the world. Israel took on seven Arab nations in four consecutive wars and defeated them (1948, 1956, 1967, and the 1973 Yom Kippur war).
3. Israel has one of the strongest non-crude oil dependent economies. Crude-oil dependent economies are mono-commodity economies.
4. They have one of the most effective and ruthless intelligence agencies in the world (The MOSSAD).
5. Israel is the most stable democracy in the Middle East.
6. The nation of Israel is irrevocably committed to any Jew anywhere.
7. Israelis strive for excellence, diligence, dominion and control wherever they are found.
8. Practical Jewish Global Dominion
Jewish Statistics (2009)
The Jewish people and their descendants have more intellectuals, millionaires and billionaires living in our generation than any other race or people group in the world per capita.
Total global Jewish population is about 13-14 million or 0.2% of the world population as at 2009.
Officially, about 5.4 million Jews live in Israel, 5.3 million live in the United States of America and the rest are scattered in other countries of the world.
a. World Nobel Prize Winners
This is the most prestigious global prize for outstanding contributions in physics, chemistry, economics, literature and physiology or medicine. It is an annual international award bestowed on individuals in recognition of outstanding intellectual, cultural and scientific achievements and advances. The award was instituted in 1895 by a Swedish chemist-Alfred Nobel, the inventor of dynamite. The prizes were first awarded in 1901. Each laureate winner receives a gold medal, a diploma and a sum of money (which as at 2009 was US$ 1.4 million).
• Though 0.2% of world population, the Jewish race has produced over 20% of the total Nobel Laureates, since inception of this highest intellectual award.
• Total Nobel Laureate winners as at 2009: 802.
• Total Jewish Nobel winners: 168.
• One in every five winner is from the Jewish race!
• The Jewish race has produced the highest winner in medicine, physics and chemistry:
Medicine – 49
Physics – 44
Chemistry – 29
Economics – 24
Literature – 12
b. World Wealth & Riches
• Though 0.2% of world population, the Jews and their descendants have produced:
25% or one fourth of Forbes 500 richest billionaires in the world as at 2009.
33% or one third of the world’s richest men.
c. Jews in the United States
Though 1.7% of American population, the Jews have produced officially, 48% of American billionaires.
d. Jews in Russia
Though 0.5% of the population (in the 1990s). The Jews have produced about 90% of the Russian financial oligarchs. Source: Google Search Report 2010.
This is just a sample; the story is the same in most countries of the world where the Jewish race has a very strong presence today like France, etc.
With this very interesting statistics, one began to look closely at the factors likely to be responsible for this unusual greatness of the Jews. I found six major reasons responsible for this:
• Covenant connection (the Abrahamic covenant).
• Prophetic platform or ladders.
• Obedience to biblical injunctions.
• Culture of hard work.
• Persecution and suffering.
• The Never Again national resolve and ideology.
Those who make the prophetic proclamation of ‘Never Again’ are careful to put the enabling structures in place to back it up. For example, Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, having experienced a childhood of poverty, put certain things in place in his life to say ‘Never Again’ to poverty. He has given himself to a life of sacrifice, learning, giving, worship, prayer, fasting and holiness.
D. SOME BIBLICAL NEVER AGAINS
1. “And the men of the city said unto Elisha, Behold, I pray thee, the situation of this city is pleasant, as my lord seeth: but the water is naught, and the ground barren. And he said, Bring me a new cruse, and put salt therein. And they brought it to him” (2 Kgs. 2:19-20)
Joshua had cursed the city of Jericho to barrenness and desolation, and Heil who rebuilt the city laid the foundation with the blood of his first and last child. Nevertheless, the city was rebuilt and turned out to be a physically beautiful city. However, people were dying mysteriously in the city and the land was barren. Externally the city was okay, but people were suffering there. When Elisha came to the city, the elders of the city reported the matter to him. To deal with the problem Elisha took three prophetic steps:
• He went to the fountain of the waters.
• He cast salt at the fountain (source)
• He made a prophetic declaration of Never Again: that the waters would never again lead to death. And from that day, the waters were healed.
2. And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever (Exo. 14:13).
But he shall not multiply horses to himself, nor cause the people to return to Egypt, to the end that he should multiply horses: forasmuch as the LORD hath said unto you, Ye shall henceforth return no more that way (Deut. 17:16).
In these passages of scripture, God had spoken to Moses that the Israelites would never again go down to Egypt. God also told them that the Egyptians they saw, they would never see again. These were profound ‘Never Again’ prophetic proclamations or pronouncements.
3. “For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee. For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee” (Isa. 54:9-10).
God said He would never pour his fury upon Israel again, just as He covenanted with Noah never to destroy the earth with flood again.
4. When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost (John 19:30).
Jesus declared that the dominion of sin over man was over. He was also proclaiming that never again would Satan have dominion and rule over man. It has remained so since then.
E. SOME NEVER AGAIN EXPERIENCES
Suicide Deaths Arrested
1. Many years ago, we ran a prayer school in Dublin, Ireland and we were teaching on strategic prayer topics like territorial intercession, prophetic prayers, etc. There is a town called Drughedra, some 45 kilometres from Dublin. In this town is a particular river where people always go to commit suicide by plunging into the river. People committed suicide regularly in this river in spite of the several precautions taken by the government.
Having learnt about how to deal with territorial spirits and how to engage prophetic prayer at the prayer school, two deaconesses of a very prominent church took up the challenge to deal with the demonic powers in the river.
They went on some days of prayer and fasting and went to the river to carry out prophetic actions. They anointed the river and made prophetic proclamations over it that never again would the river take any life. That operation marked the end of suicide deaths in the river. The government was surprised that more than six months went by without any record of death at the river. This was a ‘Nun Co Mas’ proclamation to the death-causing marine spirits in the river.
Marine Spirit of Death Dislodged
2. Sometime ago my younger brother, who is a frontline deliverance minister in Nigeria and who lives in a town near Ilorin in Kwara State, carried out a spiritual operation at a river in his domain. He had just learned about strategic praying from one of our prayer schools and decided to practise what he had learnt. The river in question had a history of drowning non-indigenes or visitors on a regular basis. When indigenes go to the river to bathe, they came out unhurt; but whenever visitors went there to bathe, they ended up disappearing into the river.
This brother of mine and others went to the river to do prophetic prayers and to challenge the spirits that devoured people in the river. They made prophetic proclamations that never again would the river cause the death of people.
Early in the morning on the following day after their prayer action, a naked dark being in human form suddenly came out of the river with a loud noise, and went angrily round the town until he got to the community leader’s house where he complained and announced his departure from the river. According to the being, the river had become too hot for him. The being went away angrily and disappeared into the forest. From that time onwards, no one had died or drowned in the river.
Democracy Preserved in Russia
3. In 1996, I was a guest minister at a Russian Church in Moscow. The then government of Boris Yeltsin had recorded poor economic performance and the opposition communist party was exploiting this to run down the then new experience democracy. They argued that capitalism was a failure in Russia and began to mobilize the people for a return to communism by voting for the communist party. With elections fast approaching, they had succeeded in whipping up the old communist sentiments and had become very popular. According to the opinion polls, at that time, about 65% tipped the communist party to win the election.
While I was at that big church, I lectured them on the history of communism and the danger of allowing a communist party to come to power again.
I encouraged them to sit up and raise altars of prayers to stop the communist party from winning the election. The general superintendent of that mission, a former KGB (secret police) official took up the challenge and mobilized the churches in Russia to raise city level prayer altars against the return of communism in Russia. They proclaimed that ‘Never Again’ would communism return to Russia.
Three months after I left, the election was held and Boris Yeltsin won by a landslide. The tide turned, the communist party lost the election woefully, and democracy was saved and preserved in Russia.
Bloodshed on Highway Ceased
4. When I was the president of the Christian Union during my university days, the road linking Ibadan to Ife was notorious for regular bloodshed through motor accidents. The Lord told us in prayer that witches had buried demonic ‘drums’ at different sections of the road to ‘collect’ a daily quota of blood to service their altars.
With this information, we mobilized believers with cars and we asked them to drive through the entire stretch of the road making proclamations that ‘Never Again’ would witches ‘collect’ blood from the road. Several months after we carried out the prayer action, no single accident or bloodshed was recorded on the road.
F. CONDITIONS AND STRUCTURES FOR A NEVER AGAIN PROCLAMATION
1. A clear understanding of God’s redemptive purpose for a place, a person, or a thing
2. An observable violation, distortion, disruption, or destruction of such divine plan
3. A burning desire to see the ultimate triumph of God’s purpose in a place or in an individual
4. An enabling altar of sacrifice and prayer
5. An ‘elders at the gate’ company of prophets, priests, and intercessors who see eye to eye, and whose lives are laid at God’s altar as living sacrifices
6. Versatility in strategic level prayers, intercession, and spiritual legislation
7. Dexterity in authoritative prayer, which our Lord referred to in Matthew 18:18 as a binding and loosing kind of prayer. This prayer is different from an ordinary kind of praying, which is from earth to heaven. Authoritative prayer is standing in the heavenly position and praying from heaven to earth. It begins in heaven and ends on earth. This simply means that all who will do a ‘Never Again’ declaration must, like John the revelator, be able to enter into the spirit realm easily (Revelation 1:18; 4:1).
8. God’s clear prophetic direction and deep sensitivity to the Holy Spirit
9. Ability to carry out clandestine but effective spiritual operation
10. Ability to walk in unity and love with other intercessors and Christians
H. THE ‘NEVER AGAINS’ THE CHURCH SHOULD DECLARE
1. Never again to another Jewish holocaust.
2. Never again to slave trade.
3. Never again to the legislation of abortion and same sex-marriage.
4. Never again to child pornography.
5. Never again to coups and counter coups in Africa.
6. Never again to the emergence of despotic and corrupt leaders in Africa.
7. Never again to atheism and world-wide communism.
8. Never again to Amalekites sitting on the throne belonging to the seed of Abraham.
9. Never again to Islamic infiltration, domination and terrorism.
10. Never again to war, hunger and famine in Africa.
Categories: Messages Of The Month